Thursday, February 19, 2009

You never know...

When I was about 20 years old, I was dating a much older man. He was 32 years old. His dad went into the hospital.

The Lord showed me that He was going to take his dad home. I didn't know what to say to my boyfriend, or even if I should say anything. So, I said, "Please spend as much time as possible with your dad."

He blew up at me and said, "If it was my mom in the hospital, I would be there night and day! If it was a life and death situation, I would be there." I simply said, "You never know" and walked away.

I was just learning to hear the voice of Lord, and He had never spoken quite like this before. So, his dad got out of the hospital, and everything seemed ok. Then, he died.

Apparently, he had said some nice things to his son, and somewhat mended the rift before he died.

No comments:

Post a Comment