Monday, February 16, 2009

Discernment does not come from the mind. It comes from deep down, in the depths... Don't listen to what people say. Look at their lives. Are they reaching out to anyone?

Today I went to get my haircut. The hair-stylest told me about the domestic abuse that her mother has gone through for years. Her mother had just gotten out of the hospital. Now she has seven broken ribs and other complications. She said her mother is going to go live with her.

Her mother had actually gone into a women's shelter. The abuser had gone to the shelter to arrest her, because he works in a position for City of Rochester, and sometimes wears a law enforcement uniform. I don't know on what grounds he arrested her, but some women have difficulty getting away.

I gave her a tip, if she needs to take a car that is in both of their names (husband and her's), use The Club. If he might tow it, park the wheels at an angle, so the rubber would be worn off if anyone attempted a tow. She should also tell the police the other party may report the car stolen, but she has it. (This I learned from experience.)

I pulled out a bracelet that talks about speaking out against domestic violence to give to her mother. I asked her to keep me updated. My hair-stylist had also gone through abuse with this step-dad while growing up.

This young lady will not only be one of my hair-stylists - she will be a friend, God-appointed contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment